[Spridgets] Pedal box dust excluder

Gerard Chateauvieux pixelsmith at gerardsgarage.com
Mon Jul 30 22:08:24 MDT 2007

Hi Phil,

The excluder goes on the outside. There should be four bent over tabs
that hold it in place. If you pedal box is missing them, that would
explain it not staying in place.

Regarding blocking off the clutch side, you could make up a short
piece of line that can be capped with a plug and later used with a
union to connect the rest of the way to the slave. I suggest this as
it will save you some fluid mess as removing a plug or line from the
rear of the MC will likely cause some spillage once you have fluid in
there. Otherwise, I guess drain the MC with something akin to a
turkey baster if you use the latter technique.

Cheers.

Gerard

Message: 8

I have a dust excluder to install in my rebuilt pedal box.  Does it
get put
in the top over the pedals or underneath the box (inside the car)
over the
pedal tops?

It seems it won't stay in place if installed on top of the box.

Can someone explain bench bleeding the MC to me.  I'm not sure what
slave or
tranny I'm using so I don't plan on bleeding the clutch side yet. Any
good
way to seal that off until I'm ready so I can get the brakes operating
first?

Thanks.

Phil Nase