[Spridgets] We're In

Phil Nase nases at verizon.net
Sun Jul 29 20:01:27 MDT 2007

Congratulations Larry and Theresa.  I hope you have a lot of good years
there.

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa

To: Spridgets net
Subject: [Spridgets] We're In

Well after 2 long weeks of sanding, painting, sanding some more, painting
some more we are finally in our new home. The MG is in the driveway, the bed
is set up (but we had to sleep on an air mattress last night as the water
bed was still a bit on the chilly side), the kitchen is ready, and we have
tunes,

Saturday, july 28th, the movers showed up at 8:30, their estimate for the
job was 7 hours for $1000. I told the kid running the show that since that
was the estimate, then I had a grand in my pocket and any time they cut off
that 7 hrs would go in their pocket. His response?
"Seriously?" I answered "yes" and they were off!!  4 hrs later they were
done. Completely soaked in sweat from the 90 F 80% humidity day they managed
to pull it off and stick some cash in their pockets.

About 11 AM a work crew gathered at the house. Theresa's family pitched in
to sort stuff out. Included was her sisters, Barbara, Joan, and Maureen, her
brother, Jim and her mother, Isabella. Barbara and Jim brought their
spouses, Kenny and Janice. Kristi and Lambert, and Greg and Monica (Greg's
girl friend) also showed up to help. By the time they were done, the
kitchen, the living room, the dining room were all sorted out and ready to
live.

There is more to be done. We still have plenty of boxes to unpack, I have to
get my tools and a small shed from Kristi and Lambert's, and the bathroom is
still a construction zone. We decided to remodel the bathroom before we
moved in and it has a toilet and a tub, but no shower or sink. It is nearly
ready to paint and Jim is coming on Monday to hook up the sink. So it's
close.

So for the first time in 50 years, I am the proud owner of a house, not a
mobile home. The feeling is amazing and Theresa and I are looking forward to
spending our lives here.

BTW, our new address is
729 Barclay Ave
Morrisville, PA 19067

And this one you can write in Pen, we intend to stay for a while ;-)

Larry