[Spridgets] Was: Sky -- Barbie Cars??

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Tue Jul 24 19:00:00 MDT 2007

Jethro wrote:

> I've been pondering lately how hard it'd be to fit AC to my Midget.
> Seems that by moving the battery to the trunk there should be room for
> some rework of the heater box area to accomodate AC.  Anybody else
> here tried it?

I did adapt an AC unit to a 1275 but in an Austin A40.
It worked real well but the old system I was using did rob the power.
It was out of a 73 Austin Marina 1800 (MGB engine) I cut the bracket to
fit the A series engine, rtan the drip tube out where the RHD steering
column plug was, and stuck the condenser in front of the rad. Which you
can do in a Midget. Hang the blower where the glove box is and you can
have an air conditioned Midget. I ran the compressor off the later dual
belt fan pulley where the air pump used to be. It worked fine for 2
summers before I took the system off.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ