[Spridgets] Was: Sky -- Barbie Cars??

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Tue Jul 24 13:36:10 MDT 2007

>>   But Miatas need premium gas and my friends Escalade
>> gets about 22mph highway on regular...

It is the miles per dollar that counts. Many years ago I found that I could
pay a nickle a gallon more for Mobil regular unleaded in my 1987 Plymouth
Duster 2.2 and get more miles per dollar than putting in Phillips66 regular
unleaded. The better mileage more than paid for the more expensive gas. And
that was with the stock "computer-controlled" Holley carb!

For highway use, a Miata driven relatively sensibly (in theory it could
happen) will get a little over 30mpg. MUCH cheaper to operate than most
SUVs, unless you have to take multiple trips to get the whole team there ;-)
David Lieb