[Spridgets] Was: Sky -- Barbie Cars??

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Tue Jul 24 10:44:27 MDT 2007

> Now I do live in the sunny (read HOT) south, but ... the most
> notable thing about Miata drivers is that they never, and I do
> mean NEVER, put the damn top down. There I am out in the Midge
> with top down winter spring summer fall, and each and every Miata
> Barbimobile that approaches has the top up. Why is that?? Why
> bother?? Buy and escalade and be happy.

I live in the Chicago area. I see many Miatae with the top down (mostly
members of the Windy City Miata Club) as well as many convertibles of all
flavors with the top up on a gloriously perfect day. I do not understand it
at all.

My daughter drives a ratty old 1989 LeBaron convertible and is noted for
driving it top-down in the snow. I guess I have had an evil influence (she
does wear shoes, however).