[Spridgets] Coils & Ballast Resistor?

Robert Weeks lists at woozy.com
Sun Jul 22 10:48:16 MDT 2007

I'm running a Crane XR700 in my Midget with a Lucas Gold coil and no
ballast resistor. I also have a new Accel Chrome Super Stock coil
sitting out in the shed. Is one coil noticeably better than the other?
Does the Accel need a ballast resistor if used with the Crane XR700?

I just spent the last 2 1/2 hours driving the Midget on twisty country
two lanes and it ran great, so I have no compelling reason to swap
coils. I'm mostly curious to know if there would be any difference
between the two.

Thanks,

Robert