[Spridgets] Bugeye Group..... Plugs?

oldsaabguy oldsaabguy at comcast.net
Sat Jul 21 21:42:57 MDT 2007

On Jul 21, 2007, at 8:53 PM, Robert Webb wrote:

> That's kinda what it sounds like.
>
> So, I wanta ask a couple of questions nobody wants to answer....
>
> 1. The last time it ran good was?

Right before I stopped it here at the house, the day before I started
the emails..

> 2. What have you done to it since then?

Tried to get the dam thing to start.. that's it.  Of course since it
wouldn't I:

Put in new plugs

Put in Bosch blue coil

Verified timing

Verified dizzy alignment

Verified dwell

Adjusted valves

Verified fuel flow

Verified fuel shutoff  (Not leaking after float rises)

Verified float position  (Remember, it's a Holley  for the Judson)

Verified vanes working in Judson

> 3. How long has it been since you changed/gaped/cleaned the plugs?

First thing I did in an effort to get it started.  My opinion is that
the plugs fouled from the previous spirited drive and kept it from
starting.  New plugs seem to have allowed it to start right up.. with
a new noise..

> 4. When you pull into a gas station, you say fill'er up and check
> the oil, or fill up the oil and check the gas.... Well, that's what I
> said with my first Car/Bugeye.... I got 50 miles to the quart and 44
> MPG.

Fresh oil change and filter before everything went bad..  maybe 60
miles before..

> 5. and lastly, the compression is.... Dry/Wet????

Compression before the spirited driving was between 160 and 170 on
all 4 dry.