[Spridgets] Starting problems

Kristi & Lambert kristi74midget at comcast.net
Fri Jul 20 12:10:39 MDT 2007

Hi all,
   I am having a problem with getting my 74 midget to start.  I went
to drive it this morning had really no problems getting her started
drove her to the gas station and of course turned the car off.  When
I went to restart the car I had electric but no turn over.  There is
a click from the selenoid when I turn the key but nothing else.  We
tried to push start the car and that worked kind of.  I could get the
car started but could not keep it running.  We tried this twice and
had the same result.  I then decided to try the key again and it
stared the car.  I drove the car back home with no problems turned
the car off then on again with no problems.  Just tried to start the
car again and now I have the same problem.  Fuel pump is clicking,
radio works but no turn over at the engine.  Battery is new, cables
are new, starter is new and selenoid is new.  We have juice to the
selenoid and to the starter at the right times but no turn over.  Any
thoughts on what might be happening?  The connections are all good
and tight, no grounding out that we can see, no wires in the wrong
places.  Cables are clean.  We are at a loss.

Thanks,
Kristi and Lambert
74 RWA Midget