[Spridgets] got a bleeder...

Marc smarc at smarc.net
Thu Jul 19 22:27:48 MDT 2007

well, sort of...  Got a big ol bottle of Castrol LMA brake juice and
filled it up and commenced bleeding. I'm having fun...

Background - all new hoses, wheel cylinders, rebuilt calipers... Master
was pretty much empty...

started at RR, attached mityvac & reservoir, pulled vacuum on bleeder
till fluid began to flow, continued to LR, then RF and LF. Just can't
get a good pedal.... pumping 2 - 3 times gets some pressure,  hold that
and crack the bleeders, seems to get a bunch more air out...

Have done this procedure several times on MGB's with great success.
Never had a spridget before.  Letting it sit overnight, will bleed again
tomorrow. Maybe the air will have migrated some by then.

Any special spridget tricks or incantations I should know? Wave a rubber
chicken over it?

--
Marc