[Spridgets] Clanging, banging, rattling in the transmission tunnel

Robert Weeks lists at woozy.com
Wed Jul 18 18:52:35 MDT 2007

I found what the problem was after spending about a half an hour with a
mechanic's stethoscope listening inside the engine compartment and
inside the cockpit I still couldn't pinpoint what the noise was or where
it was coming from. Then after jacking up the car and crawling under it
I found what was causing the noise. I must have left a stubby 7/8 wrench
in the engine bay after working on the car the other day and it worked
it's way down in between the transmission and the tunnel. Any vibrations
from the engine were amplified by the wrench rattling around against the
side of the tunnel.

Mystery solved. I had a hunch it was something dumb on my part that
caused it and I'm glad I was right.

Robert