[Spridgets] Bugeye Steering Column

Rod Barman rodb at ptgrey.com
Wed Jul 18 15:26:09 MDT 2007

Hello All,

I'm struggling a little bit to set up the steering column on my bugeye.

First, it appears that the column itself can be slid up and down if the clamp
under the dash is loosened.   Where should the column sit with respect to the
dash or the steering wheel?

Second, the upper felt like bushing keeps working itself out of the column.
Is there suppose to be a washer at the top here between the wheel and the
column or is something bent?  How is this felt kept in place?

Finally, I'm guessing that the alignment of the column with the dash is
handled by the shims under the base of the under dash clamp.  It looks like
the dash has been disassembled at some point in the past yet the shims look
original so this probably explains why things don't line up perfectly.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

--rod.