[Spridgets] Help with clutch problem...

Paul Asgeirsson PAsgeirsson at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jul 17 08:34:06 MDT 2007

So, the clutch has a slight drag when pedal fully depressed.

Assuming that there is proper amount of push with the slave and the push
rod, there is the right push rod in place and no excessive play in the
travel due to whatever, it's starting to sound like the classic broken
diaphragm spring.  About the only outward sign of this problem is the pedal
is rather soft/easy to depress, but you'll never get full release.

I suggest you take it out and have a look see at the cover assembly.  New or
used, this is a fairly common problem with some 1275 clutch covers.

If you want to count the teeth in a horses mouth, you've got to get off the
stone fence, walk over to the nag and open it's mouth to count.  No amount
of discussing will get an accurate count!

I'll wager you could have had this assembly out and inspected in far less
time than you've tried all these other fixes a half dozen times!!

Later, Paul A