[Spridgets] Installing fuel pump

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 18:34:33 MDT 2007

Frank & List,
I installed that electric fuel pump you recommended (I know I should not run
the pump while dry) I turned on the ignition key and you can hear the pump
pumping but after less than a minuet I don't see fuel in the see through
filter. I was afraid to run it for the whole minute because I can damage the
pump if I dry so I thought the fuel gauge was not reading correctly and I
was out of gas (when I turn the key the gauge jumps from empty to 1/4 tank )
so I poured 1/2 a gallon of gas into the tank and tried it again but still
no fuel. Before I remove the gas tank and fuel line and blow air into the
line to clear any possible obstacles do you have another suggestions? Should
I pour some gas into a glass container and put the end of the pump hose into
it to prime the pump? I was thinking if there is a clog that would explain
why the previous pump worked as I drove down the street the other day and
then just shut off.

Thanks Again,
Linda

62 California Sprite "Pinky"