[Spridgets] Making Progress!

Robert E. Shlafer pilotrob at webtv.net
Mon Jul 16 05:16:30 MDT 2007

Marc....

the plastic floats are sometimes referred to as "non-adjustable". I think they came along with emissions carbs but I could be wrong.

I got rid of the plastic floats my PO'd '74
Midget came with in favor of
the earlier adjustable floats, but if I recall...

there should be two holes in the plastic float arms where they mount on the pin wherein they allow for fuel level to some extent and yes, as I recall, the floats can be shimmed with washers.

If I'm wrong on the foregoing, I'm sure some one more knowledgeable will most
likely pipe up and (re)educate us both, accordingly.

Your non-emissions setup is what I used to
run on my '74, when I returned it to a non-
emissions state sans air pump, charcoal cannister and all that crap. Additionally,
I snipped off the end of the valve cover
port, thus opening it up as another
crankcase pressure reliever and piped that
one to the rear carb air cleaner.

Additionally, I substituted an after-
market "vented" fuel cap in place of the stock non-vented type the car came with.

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)