[Spridgets] Help with clutch problem...

TMHEFFRON at aol.com TMHEFFRON at aol.com
Sun Jul 15 16:05:27 MDT 2007

Hi List:

I'm having a problem - my clutch doesn't want to fully disengage.  Newly
rebuilt 1275 in a .66 Sprite - ribcase trans - new stock 1275 pressure plate and
clutch disc.  I believe I've fully bled the clutch.  I had a 1275 slave paired
with the 1098 tandem master with the Winners Circle braided line with the AN
adapters to match them up.  This setup would not fully disengage the clutch,
although it never felt as though it was fully bled.  I put back the original
1098 slave and bled it with the stock steel line, this feels solidly bled, but is
also fails to fully disengage the clutch.  I got it running with the rear on
a jack and then let the jack down.  The car moves forward with a lot of cluch
slip with the clutch pedal fully depressed.  Any ideas?  Do I need to make up
a longer adjustable rod at the slave?  I've taken out all the free play at the
master to get as much throw as possible.  Thank in advance for your help.

TuTone - hopefully driving the Sprite to Elkhart lake this week...