[Spridgets] A MODERN PARABLE -- No LBC

Michael Conn mconn2 at bright.net
Tue Jul 10 19:18:22 MDT 2007

Dave,

When in England I had five of the cars you mention: original Cooper 'S',
Escort Rally, "7", Cortina and AN5.   With the exception of the AN5 none of
those cars came within the category of "inexpensive": certainly not when new
and certainly not by the ordinary driving folk!   I think the spirit of the
conversation really relates to driving long distances in relative comfort
with or without wife/children/pets.   Imagine driving from JFK to, say,
Disney Land in any one of the vehicles you mention!   Oh, dear, oh,

I currently own (and enjoy) an AN5.   (My wife prefers to have as little as
possible to do with it.   One of my grand-children calls it a motor-bike on
four wheels.)

Michael