[Spridgets] Engine timing - Mini123 dizzy

Joe Lansing kidjoevid at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 11:44:04 MDT 2007

OK - After checking, I'm pretty sure I was setting
static timing with #4 at TDC, not #1. I bumped the
engine until I got timing marks to line up again, both
valves on #1 closed, and I found the rotor pointed 180
degrees from #1. So I pulled the distributor and
rotated the shaft 180 deg. Now, I can't get the LED in
the Mini123 dizzy to light up. Does it always show in
the same hole? I tried rotating it thru roughly 200
degrees and no LED lit up. I can see with a mirror
what I believe is the LED port (just about where it
was when I had the shaft 180 degrees opposite) but it
never lights up. Do I check different holes? Is there
one, or more LED's?

Any help appreciated!

Joe