[Spridgets] Tires - reporting back

banjojohn at cox.net banjojohn at cox.net
Thu Jul 5 12:30:10 MDT 2007

Hi Listers:
After my last post looking for opinions on tires for the bugeye, someone steered me to Tires Unlimited. (NFI)  After talking to a rep. there, I ordered 4 Marangoni 165/70/TR13 tires.  The diameter is alsmost exactly the same as the 145/80 13's but with a wider tread.  I am running them on a Minlite style 5" rim.  No rubbing on the wheel arches, even in a hard bump, and no rubbing inside the rear wheel well.  I put them on earlier this week, and so far I love them.  Nice handling and ride.  and the price was great at under $27.00 each.  Of course I had to have them mounted and balanced locally, but even with that and the shipping, I put 4 new tires on for less than I was contemplating spending for 2 Bridgestone tires for the front.
I just thought I'd share this with the list.  No Financial Interest.
John O'Brien
'61 Bugeye
'65 BJ8