[Spridgets] List's quiet - TR6 opinions

bushwacker4 at zoomtown.com bushwacker4 at zoomtown.com
Tue Jul 3 22:14:16 MDT 2007

Does anyone out there have any serious seat time in a TR6?
Ron Soave

I had one last year for several months. They don't handle nearly as well as a spridget but you already deduced that. The ride is decent but not in the league with a Caddy or Benz. Not a whole lot of travel in the suspension so you will notice potholes... They are good highway cars especially if it has OD. Good sound even with a stock muffler. Second gear synchro can be like a spridget's so all that double clutch practice will be good thing. Make sure that the frame is not rusted out. I know you said that it was a frame off restoration but just check it anyway. They are prone to extra "lightening holes" and shortened rails. Check the body panel alignment, especially the doors for a saggy frame. Also check the rear axles. The splines can rust in place and then the suspension doesn't move properly. You'll understand when you look at it. A good car will sit properly when you look at the rear tires. Most sit with some positive camber when it should be neutral or a little negative.

All in all they are not bad cars. If you can buy it for the right price, do it! Hey, it is a sports car... You can always find an old Jamaican body to stick on it.

Kent
1960 Bugeye
1975 Midget - trailerparked queen