[Spridgets] cracked cylinder liner

Glen Byrns grbyrns at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jul 3 18:35:59 MDT 2007

I just couldn't believe that the new head gasket that went in after the
piston swap was blown, and sure enough, it wasn't.
When I dropped off the head at the machine shop, he eyeballed it and said
he didn't see any problem big enough to account for significant water
leakage.  He said to take a good long look at the cylinder liners.  Good
call.  The #4 sleeve is cracked through and through.
Its a good thing I'm getting started now to get ready for next year's big
dance, cause at this rate I'll only just have time to fix every !@#$%^&**
piece of this car.

On the bright side, the rollbar is in and the sound system is nearly
finished.  I'll post a pic or two when its done.  Subtle, nearly
invisible, I-Pod friendly, and REALLY LOUD.  The extra amp made the
difference.

Glen Byrns