[Spridgets] Opinions wanted now OKRA

Guy Weller guy.weller at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Dec 31 16:42:58 MST 2007

Hi Tim,
I replaced the rack on mine a few weeks ago. I found that the replacement
rack tube was slightly slack in the clamps, although the original had been
tight. The company who supplied the rack said it was normal to put a couple
of wraps of insulating tape around. I checked with others who said much the
same. I actually used some of the self-annealing tape as it seemed to do the
job better and was soft enough to allow the clamps to tighten down properly.

Between the clamps and the frame I used packing pieces cut from 2mm thick
Vinyl floor tiles when I first rebuilt the car about 45,000 miles ago. They
were still in good condition when I replaced the rack.

Happy New Year to all.

Guy