[Spridgets] New Engine oil change

Daniel1312 at aol.com Daniel1312 at aol.com
Mon Dec 31 16:34:01 MST 2007

Hi List,

I decided that since the new engine in my Sprite cost me a small fortune
(King's ransom if you're a royalist) I'd go with the oil change after a 100
miles rather than wait for the full 500 miles.  The oil still looked pretty  clean
when it came and there was some metal particles that drained out with  the
oil.  The sump plug, which is magnetic, had really fine metal sludge on  it that
wiped off.  In fact the oil looked a whole lot better than the old  that came
out of the old engine before I pulled it.

I decided NOT to change the filter at this point and will either change it
at 500 miles or maybe wait for the full 1000.

Regards and Happy New Year

Daniel1312