[Spridgets] LBC Carpet - Identify these. . .

Timothy H. Collins thcollin at mtu.edu
Sat Dec 29 11:22:22 MST 2007

During February of 1991, I purchased a "Delux Do-it-yourselfer's
Dream" carpet kit from VB (item # 9-9527 BL - it's still in their
catalog!). Today I am beginning to install it. The original carpets
were moldy & stinky so are long gone. That means I am "flying blind"
on the install. The only thing I have is a page with the pieces shown
in roughly their side-by-side orientation. Off to the side are shown
three "strange" little pieces. I can't determine where they are
intended to be used. Two are left/right pieces, roughly triangular,
with one leg being 2-3/4" and the other 3-1/2". Instead of a straight
line for the hypotenuse, they are connected with an arc. These are
not bound. The other piece is a rectangle measuring 8 x 9 inches -
not bound. In the supplied diagram these are marked "K" and "L"
(rectangle). Where do these go?

Also, an envelop contains 10 carpet snaps. These are the two piece
units. One piece, a ring with prongs, pierces the carpet and then the
prongs are bent over the snap part. I believe 8 of these are used on
the parcel shelf. Where are the other 2 used? I seem to remember that
the carpet pieces under the seats and footwells snapped in too. The
car is missing a lot of snap holes which could serve as clues because
of the new patch panels. If more carpet pieces snap in, then I'm
going to have to find more snap's.

What's a good carpet adhesive? Isn't there a 3M 777 product that's good?

The car is finally home, painted and ready for assembly. I added some
new photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/12702006@N07/ They aren't
in chronological order (wish I could fix that), but you can figure them out.

Tim Collins
1966 AH Sprite