[Spridgets] NW Caravan? to 50th in Mo?

Glen Byrns grbyrns at ucdavis.edu
Thu Dec 27 09:47:58 MST 2007

Hi Bill et al,

I plan on leaving Davis about five days ahead of the event and driving more
or less on secondary routes near 80.  I just got a GPS for Christmas and
will be stopping at every "World's Biggest Ball of Twine" sort of thing I
can find.  Totally inspired by "Just Another Roadside Attraction".
Actually, its just safer than tailgating some diesel belching semi on the
interstate for day after day.

With cell phones ,GPS and a wireless connection at every Starbucks, we can
monitor each other's progress through the list and form up in caravans as we
go.  I'll be bringing the laptop to communicate with the Megasquirt and
it'll be my connection to the list while on route.

I'm wide open to suggestions of ridiculous roadside attractions and scenic
minor routes between northern CA and Missouri.

Glen Byrns