[Spridgets] Heating the LBC workshop

Timothy H. Collins thcollin at mtu.edu
Wed Dec 19 05:27:18 MST 2007

Charlie,
I've had a wood stove in my garage. I found it took a lot of floor
space first because a 55 gal drum is fairly big and then you need to
maintain clearances around the stove for safety. Your propane heater
probably takes much less space and can be moved around as needed. You
don't have to go out and cut down (then cut up) propane for fuel -
that's a consideration too. Propane is easier to store and not as
messy to store. I once lived at a house that had a sauna with a 55
gal drum heater - in a room about 6 x 6 feet. When your skin pealed
back like a birch tree you knew the sauna was ready. Stay with the
propane in your shop.
Tim

At 08:21 PM 12/18/2007, Charlie Shelden wrote:
>Hey has anyone out there in the cold climates used one of the 55gal barrel
>stove kits?

Tim Collins