[Spridgets] Heating the LBC workshop

uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 18 21:34:24 MST 2007

Charlie,

  If it is the same as the one i had. They cook.

  Mine had a double barrel.

  The bottom was used to burn and had a reinforced bottom. It also had a copper coil that ran under the grade. The copper tube was to heat water for showers and washing. It circulated water from the barrel the was mounted in the shed out side. It was mounted on a self by the roof. So any time we had a fires . Which was every day. We had hot water. The top barrel looked like a donut and had a baffle so the heat took the long way to the exit pipe. There was a flue for the baffle in the pipe that ran up the center. After it was going you turned the handle and stand back. My friend had a two year old and was worried about her getting burnt. She walk about ten feet from the heater and turned around. Hot is not the word for that heater. Blazing is more like it. It heated a 1500 sq ft cabin with no problem. I think they called it a Alaskan oil can heater. i bought it in Idaho from a local guy that made them. For a shop i would go for a little potbelly. It has a flat place to put
 the pan with water and should do just fine.

  Vigil

Charlie Shelden <shelden3 at pldi.net> wrote:
  Hey has anyone out there in the cold climates used one of the 55gal barrel
stove kits? I have an abundance of firewood and have been using a small
propane IR type heater for my 24x30 workspace. Tractor Supply had the kit for
19.00 less the barrel and pipe so I bought it. Any experiances? Good bad?

Thought it might help keep the shop warm so I want to go out on these cool
nights.

Charlie

It has removed 1945 spam emails to date.
You are subscribed as uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com

http://www.team.net/archive