[Spridgets] First drive on new engine

Daniel1312 at aol.com Daniel1312 at aol.com
Sun Dec 16 13:29:55 MST 2007

I am aware of that view and even read a long article on it.  However,  it
only stands as 'good' advice for bedding in the rings and bores.  I've  read
nothing that suggests it's a good practice for main or con-rod big end  bearings.

My previous engine was successfully revved to 7,500rpm on an almost weekly
basis despite having a very steady run-in period.  That engine was once
accidentally revved to 8,250 and survived.

The first 100 miles (actually 96) that the engine has been driven was done
in accordance with the engine builders advice.  He has built a high number  of
race winning engines as well as fast road engines.

Still, your view is as valid as anyone elses.

Regards

Daniel1312