[Spridgets] No List Content

Brad Fornal tequila.brad at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 09:06:11 MST 2007

Last month, I had the pleasure of seeing three GREAT bands perform in
Denton, Tx.
One of these bands, The Band of Heathens, is now offering up their
first DVD. Titled "Live at Antone's" this follow up to their award
winning "Live at Momos" CD, will introduce you to the visual power of
their live show.
Back on June 1st, Martha and I loaded up the tequila bar and headed to
Austin, soon the be the next "music capital of the nation". As
mentioned, The Heathens had garnered no less than 17 awards earlier
this year, at the SXSW music festival held annually in Austin. But
this evening was to be different, this was the documentation of their
live show. Mike Graziano and Greg Gowins from the Spridget list, as
well as Mr Clem and Nora Lee from the Slobberbone/Drams list were also
in attendance. They, hopefully, will attest to how great the music was
that night. For those that did miss it, this DVD will put you right up
front for this amazing night of music. Once you realize you can't sit
in front of the television forever, be comforted with the audio CD
that is also included in this DVD set. This contains 15 of the 17
songs performed that night. Now you can enjoy this handmade music
everywhere you go. There is a sale going on prior to Christmas, with
the set costing a mere $20. After the holidays though, the cost will
rise to $25, so get this bargain while you can.
http://www.theconnextion.com/bandofheathens_index.cfm
A great companion to this DVD set, would be the "Live at Momos" CD.
Their sound has been compared to The Subdudes, and their covers of
songs from The Band and Tom Waits has really shown the range of sound
this band is capable of. For sound bites
http://www.thisistexasmusic.com/reviews/livefrommomos.html
Or if that just isn't enough, four full songs, showing how well they
meld live, can be heard here
http://www.bandofheathens.com/
or here
http://www.myspace.com/thebandofheathens
their myspace page has a live song from a different venue.
For you Trucker fans waiting on Brighter than Creations Dark, and you
Drams fans waiting for whatever Brent and the boys have for us, this
will hold you over. It is my belief, and hopefully those that were at
the Nov party will attest, this will hold you very well.
For you car folk out there, this is some fine wrench turning music. I
think most all of us have a stereo in the garage to cover our cussing
out our most prized possessions from time to time.
Look for it, ask for it, fine hand crafted music, straight outta Texas.

Thanks for reading this far,

Brad

OH, I also have several poorly shot video clips of the Heathens on my
myspace video page.

--
www.myspace.com/tequilabrad