[Spridgets] Driving Schools

Mjsprite at aol.com Mjsprite at aol.com
Wed Dec 12 22:36:03 MST 2007

When I'm getting going in my Sprite I shift like Ronnie Sox did in his old
Pro Stock. Barely let off the gas (just so the engine doesn't blow if you miss
the shift - no rev limiter) and push the clutch in just enough to slam into
the  next gear.  It has to be orchestrated very closely. Almost as fast as an
automatic. Clutch is 9 years old and tranny is original. Not a daily driver
though. I downshift almost as hard except, of course, to first.
Mike
1380 in Texas