[Spridgets] Spridgets Digest, Vol 7, Issue 10

Gerard Chateauvieux pixelsmith at gerardsgarage.com
Tue Dec 4 12:41:03 MST 2007

Robert,

I did just that. I haven't had a single reply. I also placed an add
on Miata.net letting the community know of the theft.

However, it's likely that these were taken by some asian kids to use
for themselves or to sell to friends. I'm sure they are on someone's
else Miata right now with their proud new "owners". They may not even
be from my neighborhood. A few years ago, I caught a couple Chinese
kids prying parts off my neighbors car at 3 in the morning. The
police captured them and if I remember correctly, they weren't even
from San Francisco. Apparently, this is where they come to "shop".
All part and parcel of the sense of entitlement which defines this
generation. Even the cop told me "asian kids".

The problem is, the cops don't do anything and the perpetrators know
this. The likelihood of them being caught is very slim and even if
they do, I think they don't get much more than a slap on the wrist. I
was told repeatedly, "we don't have the resources for stuff like
this" . They don't even check for fingerprints. It's all  about
"contact your insurance company". In other words, you're on your own
pal. On the other hand,  If I had caught them, I probably either have
been shot or gone to jail for "infringing on their rights". Worse
still, you get the feeling insurance companies think you are trying
to pull something. They even voice record your statements now. The
whole experience is very creepy.

I was saving the red car for for my seventeen YO son who is just
about to get his driver's license. So now he's gotten a personal
taste of life's harsh realities as well.

Gerard