[Spridgets] Tires

Robert Bruce Evans b-evans at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 1 14:57:52 MST 2007

Flounder wrote:  "Mary's looking for suggestions for tire choice for her
MKI Midget"
Frank Clarici wrote:  "Rubber ones?"

Rubber?  You mean that stuff that used to come from trees in ASIA?  You
probably mean a styrene/butadiene copolymer to be used for automobile tires
is lowered in its rolling resistance by blending it with carbon black and
the following components (A) and (B): (A) a dinitrodiamine compound
represented by the following formula (I): ##STR1## wherein X is a divalent
organic group such as an alkylene, R.sup.1 is hydrogen or an organic group
such as an alkyl, provided that two nitrogen atoms linking through X may
further link through R.sup.1, and R.sup.2 and R.sup.3 are each hydrogen or
an alkyl, provided that R.sup.2 and R.sup.3 may conjointly form a ring; and
(B) a sulfide compound selected from dibenzothiazyl disulfide,
tetralkylthiuram disulfide, and alkyl- or hydroxy-substituted phenol
sulfide resin. The dinitrodiamine compound (A) and the sulfide compound (B)
are added simultaneously together with the carbon black in a first kneading
step of a high temperature.

Got that?

(If so, explain it to me, cause it is all a bunch of dog dirt to my simple
mind!)

Buster