[Spridgets] FW: Team Death Trap Lost reply 2

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Thu Aug 30 18:00:21 MDT 2007

> Anyone explain what the Cheddar Curtain is?

The state to the north of Illinois is Wisconsin.
Wisconsin is known for its dairy products, especially
cheese. Residents of Wisconsin are frequently called
"Cheeseheads". Since the portion of Illinois just south
of the eastern end of Wisconsin is primarily urban and
the corresponding portion of Wisconsin is primarily rural,
there is a significant disparity. They tend to be fond of
sending their gendarmes to harvest speeding tickets from
people with Illinois license plates, especially on
weekends...

On second thought, I guess I cannot really explain it
other than to say that it refers to the border between
Illinois and Wisconsin.

> Also, I recently saw the Tom Hanks film big.  At the job interview he asks
> if
> he pledged  when at school/college - what does it mean to pledge?

It has to do with the process of joining a fraternity house
at college. More than that I do not know.