[Spridgets] Team Death Trap Lost part 1

Wm. Severin Thompson wsthompson at thicko.com
Thu Aug 30 14:36:41 MDT 2007

Reply part 1

" Flounder would have the time to annoy the rest of us."

Yeah, lucky for you, I'm too busy promoting Sprite ownership, restoration,
racing, etc. This is the Spridget list, right? I've compared Flash to Ed,
and trust me, there are plenty others that see the similarity.

" Flounder started it with his deliberately inflammatory remarks about
people who drive Miatas"

In fact, I described Team Thicko as a "homo club". It says so on the
entrance to the shop. We're not threatened by it. Perhaps you shouldn't be.
I also pointed out numerous web sites that listed Miatas as the choice of
many folks of a certain sexual persuasion (not that there's anything wrong
with that...). It is kind of funny to hear a few guys with a combined racing
experience of a couple years brag about lap times in cars designed and built
40 to 50 years after Spridgets were.

" blissful disregard of the fact that most of these things used to be said
about people who drive Spridgets. "

I think not. It would be rare to find me "blissful", or ignorant to facts
regarding Sprite ownership, etc. 35 years of Healey ownership here, and
witnessed all sorts of Sprite prejudice in that time.

"The remarks were uncalled for"

Says you. You make your remarks, I'll make mine. Now, if I was as mean or
insensitive  you're portraying me, I'd say something like "if I want you to
speak for me, I'll shove my arm up your ass and make a ventriloquist's dummy
out of you". But, that might be considered both inflammatory, uncalled for,
and some sort of veiled closet Miata owner activity reference. So, let the
record show I didn't say that.

" No one in history has actually won a pissing contest;"

That's a matter of opinion. All the dribblers say that.

" Two losers so far..."

I think I might consider that inflammatory.

" to hairdressers to real people."

Hairdressers aren't real people?