[Spridgets] Team Death Trap Lost

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Thu Aug 30 13:44:23 MDT 2007

>> Flash, why are you even on this list?  You don't own a Spridget and all
you do is try to irritate the valid listers.  Why don't you just go away?

> Ahh...Larry, I vote to keep him on list. He's articulate, if somewhat
> acerbic and asymmtotic. In terms of a good Bell's Theorem non-local
> interaction, he's unmediated, unmitigated, and immediate. Just what this
> list is all about.
> And lastly - I think Flounder would miss him.

You have to realize that Flash is the lightning rod. If he were to go
away, Flounder would have the time to annoy the rest of us.
After all, Spridget ownership is not a requirement on this list, is it?

IIRC, Flounder started it with his deliberately inflammatory remarks
about people who drive Miatas, in blissful disregard of the fact
that most of these things used to be said about people who drive
Spridgets. The remarks were uncalled for, but they did elicit a
response and that is all that it takes to start a pissing contest.
No one in history has actually won a pissing contest; they are
simply a test to see which person comes to their senses first.
Two losers so far...

As a member of the Windy City Miata Club as well as one of the
autocross coordinators AND the newsletter editor, I can assure
you that the ranks of Miata owners include many different
kinds of people from former Heavey Healey owners to hair
dressers to real people.