[Spridgets] was record resto, now Bondo tricks

Glen Byrns grbyrns at ucdavis.edu
Tue Aug 28 17:00:23 MDT 2007

Don't take it too seriously Michael.  Most of us are relating things we have
found done by Previous Owners, God bless them all.
It would be great if we all had the skills/equipment/money to swap out every
dented panel, use only lead filler applied by a true "artiste" or hire top
professionals for our restorations.  But reality varies owner by owner.
Even a taco-wrapper under a slug of Bondo beats a giant untended rust hole
that sends another LBC to the crusher.  Besides, it gives us an entire class
of people to berate and demean on the list.  Also a bunch of "can you top
this?" DPO stories for when we meet.

Most of us would never do any of these terrible things to our treasured
little Spridgets.  But for a dented Triumph however..............

Glen