[Spridgets] [Mgs] ZDDP again

Larry Daniels ladaniels at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 26 21:10:10 MDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Donahue" <bobmgtd at insightbb.com>

This product sounds interesting.

BTW, STP is supposed to have ZDDP in it. Does it have enough to make up for
what the EPA is taking out?

Bob Donahue (Still Stuck in the '50s)
====================================

Bob, I don't have any ppm numbers for you, but this is what STP told me:

I emailed STP from their website regarding the two oil additives and their
relative amount of ZDDP.  Here is their response:

Dear Mr. Daniels,

Thank you for contacting us about STP Oil Treatment. We always appreciate
hearing from our consumers.

The STP 4 Cylinder Oil Treatment contains only slightly more than the STP
Oil Treatment.  They both contain about 4 times the amount of ZDDP as what
motor oils once contained.  The product was originally designed for flat
tappet cam motors.  We have many classic car owners that use our product for
this reason.

Again, thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Patti Copper