[Spridgets] A Puzzler

Robert Bruce Evans b-evans at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 26 20:05:50 MDT 2007

     Larry Daniels wrote:  "It bears the letters and numbers "BMC-61".

Beats the snot outta me.  Mine did not have one when new.

.     There is also a lot of crayon lettering on the rear of the dash on the passenger side."

Let's see, there is that set of numbers/letters anywhere on the rear of the dash, and there another set of numbers/letters written on the hump behind the seats.  Both were in yellow crayon on mine.  One was the interior and exterior colors, and the other the VIN number.  Without dashing to my books, I cannot recall which was which.

The number on the hump, however, is a good indicator of whether the car has been painted or not.  If there is no number, the bet is that it has been painted over (as mine was for the BusterCluster).

There, again is where Jay would be the best bet for the authoritative word.

Buster