[Spridgets] Tranny swap issues

Herby herby at herbytoys.com
Thu Aug 23 20:26:53 MDT 2007

Yeah, I had some oilite bushings. Now to get it cut down. Yes, Paul my crank
is .882 in the outermost ID.

Now another question. Do I need the paper gasket on the back plate or will
judicious use of "permatex" be okay? I have a whole bunch of engine gaskets
but not that one. It looks pretty involved to cut out one of my own.

Herby
63 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy - patiently waiting)
62 MKII Sprite (the "resto-mod" driver)
00 Dakota R/T (the new toy)
herby at herbytoys.com
www.herbytoys.com

Hi Herby,

I'm assuming that you are measuring deep in the end of the crankshaft to get
that .750.  I've never seen one, only heard about them, but seems to me that
an easy fix is to get a .750 OD X .500 ID oilite bushing and saw off what
you need.  They all come in too long!!  Shorten is easy!

With my 5 speed adapter, the bushing fits in the very end of the crankshaft
and just about all 1275 cranks are .882 there.

I'd just get a larger OD bushing, if it were my car.

Later, Paul A