[Spridgets] Release Bearing

K. Valentine kevin at valentinephoto.net
Mon Aug 20 17:17:41 MDT 2007

On Aug 20, 2007, at 6:22 PM, Ron Soave wrote:

> --- David Lieb <dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com> wrote:
>> this: http://tinyurl.com/28ha4d
>> Thousands of trouble-free miles for me.
>
> It's $20+ cheaper on ebay.

Ron,

I have been doing some research concerning the roller bearings.  I
contacted the seller on eBay.  He told me his bearing is made in the
USA but REFUSED to reveal the name of the manufacturer.   Peter C.
also has some experience and advice about certain makes of these
rollers.

I had a failure within 700 miles with the first roller bearing I used
(several years ago), so I am a little hesitant to use these again.
I have recently had the failure of a carbon bearing in Rob's yellow
Spridget, but that bearing has well over 20,000 miles on it, (it was
in the car when I got it and we put at least 20k on the car since then).

Until I can find a reliable roller, I think I'll stay with the carbon
type.

Anybody using a roller?  If so, do you have a manufacturer's name and
model #?  How long have you had it in service?

Kevin