[Spridgets] Engine color??

Dave G. dmg at bossig.com
Sun Aug 19 09:34:02 MDT 2007

Ed,

On 18 Aug 2007 at 18:08, 63AHBJ7 wrote:
>> What is the casting number, Dave??

The block casting number is 12G/1279... found on LHS under #4 exhaust port..
I verified that the carb numbers are correct for a 1275.
The manifold number is for a Spridget manifold but the carb fuel  bowls are at the
wrong angle which suggests a Mini influence somewhere...
The head casting number is 12G940

I don't have the car at home at the moment. I sent it to Walla-Walla yesterday to
have the 3.9 put in and some other physical work done.   I don't have the same "go
for it" since the triple bypass    ;-(

I had just put the working fuel gauge in (Thanks, Frank) only to find that the 12V
wire didn't carry 12V.... one more thing to chase down.

Also found that the passenger floor pan "Oil Cans".... maybe some sticky sound
deadening stuff will fix that...

I managed to fix the Audiovox AM radio and put it in a console I had from a '73(?).
The console looks OK sitting on the table. I figure that I can at least listen to the
local stations while I am working on the car....

--
Dave G.
'65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA