[Spridgets] Do you trust Chinese goods?

type79 at ix.netcom.com type79 at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 16 08:31:47 MDT 2007

Truth be told, everyone is always looking to save a dollar, buy for the least amount of money, support the lowest bidder, and bargain retailer.

How many times have people on these lists asked where to buy lbc parts at the best prices?

The internet has exacerbated this problem as we now scour the web for the lowest price amongst all of the strangers that come-up on our search. We will never meet those "vendors" and have no information as to their knowledge or reputation. Buyers jump over 3 people they know pesonally to save 5% to buy from an unknown.

Some even criticize other for not buying American when their Ford or Chevrolet has fewer parts sourced in the US than a Toyota. :-/

Then we moan about the demise of the small retailer, the local hardware store, and parts house or the salesperson that lacks any product knowledge.

We are victims of our own greed.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct
http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/
"I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours." Hunter S. Thompson