[Spridgets] Grattan a Go GO

Wm. Severin Thompson wsthompson at thicko.com
Wed Aug 15 22:03:01 MDT 2007

Well, after a few trials and tribulations, I'm ready for Grattan. Despite
the carb fire of yesterday, everything is all cleaned up. The Elgin 75-12
cam brings back the sweet familiar 948 refrain I like to hear. Because I
went to a Speedwell radiator, I couldn't use the factory shroud area to
mount my oil cooler, so I bracketed it between the frame rails. But after I
re-fabricated some pins to latch my Targa bonnet because I misplaced the
others, I found the oil cooler interfered with the built in shroud on the
bonnet. Luckily, a little automotive archeological sleuthing turned up 2
holes in the inner fender from a previous race life, and the relocation was
easy.

Weather is s'posed to be 70's Fri, Sat, and Sun. Should be a nice weekend.

Wm. Severin Thompson

~iii<O

 <mailto:wsthompson at thicko.com> wsthompson at thicko.com

 <http://www.thicko.com/> www.thicko.com

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/png which had a name of image001.png]