[Spridgets] Speedometer cable?

Robert Weeks lists at woozy.com
Mon Aug 13 09:20:56 MDT 2007

I finished up my transmission transplant on Saturday and everything is
working great except for the speedo. I reconnected the cable to the
transmission after the transmission was in the car so I can't see how it
is mating with the speedo drive but it feels like it is correct. When I
detached the cable from the back of the speedometer it is not turning
while I'm driving.

Is there any trick for getting this right or is it just a try, try again
type of thing? The speedo drive worked on the transmission before I
removed it from the other car so I'm thinking it's how I attached the
cable that has to be the problem.

Other than that the replacement transmission is working perfectly.

Thanks,

Robert