[Spridgets] FYI for US veterans...

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 11:41:55 MDT 2007

Just found out about this and thought any US veterans on the lists
might like to know...

Cheers!!
Jim

WASHINGTON, D.C. - U.S. Senator Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) today praised
the passage by unanimous consent of his bill (S.1877) clarifying U.S.
law to allow veterans and servicemen not in uniform to salute the flag.
Current l aw (US Code Title 4, Chapter 1) states that veterans and
servicemen not in uniform should place their hand over their heart
without clarifying whether they can or should salute the flag.

"The salute is a form of honor and respect, representing pride in
one's military service," Senator Inhofe said. "Veterans and service
members continue representing the military services even when not in
uniform."Unfortunately, current U.S. law leaves confusion as to whether
veterans and service members out of uniform can or should salute the
flag. My legislation will clarify this regulation, allowing veterans
and servicemen alike to salute the flag, whether they are in uniform or
not."I look forward to seeing those who have served saluting proudly at
baseball games, parades, and formal events. I believe this is an
appropriate way to honor and recognize the 25 million veterans in the
United States who have served in the military and remain as role models
to others citizens. Those who are currently serving or have served in
the military have earned this right, and their recognition will be an
inspiration to others."

--
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools.