[Spridgets] Confused as heck...

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Fri Aug 10 21:05:14 MDT 2007

Dave G. wrote:

> SO why are my float bowls leaning at an angle intead of being upright??
> I'm soooo confused !!

My guess is the tabs where the floats bolt on have sheared off.
I have several SUs with snapped off tabs.
They work fine with just the rubber grommet as long as you don't do roll
overs or highly banked curves at high speeds.
Try moving the float bowl by hand, you should have some resistance
against the runner grommet but it will move. If not the DPO has the
front/rear grommets on the wrong carbs, they are handed.
If you can loosen the float bowl bolt some, check for the lock tabs
before moving the bowls.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ