[Spridgets] ZDDP

Deikis, John G John.Deikis at va.gov
Thu Aug 9 14:17:13 MDT 2007

Just a couple of weeks ago, I heard an oil engineer from Spectro do a
tech on this at a bike rally.  Afterwards, I asked him what I should run
in old British cars with flat tappet cams if I did not want to spend $12
a quart for specialty motorcycle synthetics like his product.  He said
if I wanted to stick with dyno oil to choose any of the major diesel
truck oils for a good dose of ZDDP. Stuff like Delo or Rotella-T.

And what about the idea somebody threw out a few weeks ago about dosing
our old 20-50 Castrol GTX with bottle of STP?  Any validity to that?

Necessity should be the mother of invention!

JohnD