[Spridgets] vac advance and italian side draught (draft) carbs

Andy Webster a_d_webster at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 8 18:47:18 MDT 2007

I really don't know...
  I will admit that I've always been a slacker when it came to distributors... by the time i get to that, i'm so itchy to drive the thing that i slap in what i had lying around...it runs? great! lets go for a drive!

  I'd like to do it right this time.
  Unfortunately, being a RHD country, the choices for replacement dizzies are very few.. as the steering column will foul a hitachi or many other (cheap) choices..
  the 123 dizzies look good, but are expensive.

  I guess a mini one would be reasonably OK, as long as a side entry cap could be fitted/ modified to fit.
  I will be running a 270 degree cam, so i figure a re-curve would be wise.

  getting back to the vac advance... if i tap into my dellorto manifold and fit the vac-pipe to it,  do you know if this is satisfactory? or will it all be wrong because of the different take-off point and differing vaccuum levels?
  thanks
  Andy

David Lieb <dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com> wrote:
  How far off do you think the curve from a 1275 Mini of a similar vintage
might be?