[Spridgets] vac advance and italian side draught (draft) carbs

Andy Webster a_d_webster at yahoo.com.au
Tue Aug 7 16:30:52 MDT 2007

Greetings,

  currently in the throes of assembling a fresh 1275...
  I want to use my dellorto DHLA40 on it.
  Can I use the vaccuum advance (25D4 dizzy) or should I get a 43D (non-vac) dizzy?
  Will having a vac-ad save fuel on long runs?
  The engine is only lightly tweaked, having the US low comp pistons replaced with hypatec pistons, a cam grind something akin to a kent 276, and LCB header.
  If anyone has played with jetting and knows the optimum bits to use in a 40mm on an engine like this, then i am all ears....or eyes...

  Andy
  Brisbane AUST
  mkIIa