[Spridgets] what's the deal on this site?

Steven Michelsen stevenm at optonline.net
Mon Aug 6 15:14:03 MDT 2007

Some guy named Dave created this site in 2005.  Below are his posts on the
yahoo midgetsprite group that describes it.  I believe what it basically
provides is a relatively user-friendly way to search the archives of the
midgetsprite group and the bugeye group.

Steve
'78 Midget

Well, after months of work...  It is finally ready for prime time.

GotsToGo LBC - http://lbc.gotstogo.com

GotsToGo LBC is the largest repository of information on the web for
LBCs (specifically Bugeyes, Frogeyes, Sprites, MG Midgets and Mini
Coopers).

Yes, it's slightly commercial.  I have some pertinent Google
Ads and
Amazon associate links (http://lbc.gotstogo.com/store.php).  But,
these just help me to pay for the web hosting and software that I had
to buy.

I have not spent much time on this list since I am a Bugeye owner
('59, it's the red one on the front page of the website).
But, I
thought you guys might be interested in the resource that I have
created.  The Bugeye Yahoo Group, my guinea pigs all August, seemed
to really like the easy and fast search capability.

Anyone know what size the bolts are for the starter of a Bugeye?
Search for "starter bolts" in the Bugeye & Frogeye Blog
(http://lbc.gotstogo.com/weblogbf1/).

So, anyhow. let me know what you think.  Send me an e-mail from
this
link:  http://lbc.gotstogo.com/contact.php

GotsToGo

David
'59 Bugeye
AKA  "ex_cmp_guy" on the Bugeye Yahoo Group

AND A FURTHER NOTE FROM DAVE

Nope, no copyright issues.  Yahoo doesn't own the messages per their
Terms of Service.  Otherwise they would be responsbile for what
listers said.  The authors own the content.  Thus, I give the author
credit with the information made available from the original listing,
while not intruding on the author's privacy (like listing their e-
mail or other things that spammers could make use of).  Besides if
you are really curious, you can take the info from my site and find
the actual entry from the Yahoo Group.  Pretty easy to do, but you
have to put up with their horrible search.

I would give a link back to the original entry, but since most Yahoo
groups are membership based, the link wouldn't matter.  It would just
be a broken link.  Also, in an extreme case, if anyone wants me to
take their posts off, it's possible to do... but a bit of work
potentially.  And, I welcome listers to contact me
about "inappropriate" posts that make it through my filters.  I want
this information to be really high quality, the "best of the best"
for all LBC owners to enjoy and use.

GotsToGo... still need more sleep.

Dave