[Spridgets] Bugeye Seat Backs

Mark mark at nashvilletn.org
Sat Aug 4 11:29:07 MDT 2007

I am in the process of getting new upholstery made for my Bugeye and today I
removed the old vinyl and padding from the seat backs.  On one back at the
bottom front where the hinge bolt goes through I have a lot of RUST.  The
rest of the back is solid but I need to repair the area where the hinge is.
It looks like it is just the outer layer that is about gone on one side.  It
is only the area between the inner panel and the outside edge where the
single layer of steel is sandwiched on the outside.  It looks like I have
the choice of cutting the outside layer off and matching the inside curve
with a grinder or making an new piece and having it welded to the outside of
the frame.  Time is of the essence, anybody else been there?

Here is a link to a picture of my problem of the day!
http://www.nashvilletn.org/Bugeye/back.jpg

Mark
Nashville
http://www.arrestmered.com